What is the Aim
The aim of the IRU Coach Tourism Innovation Award is to recognise and promote industry practices leading to a greater use of group tourism by coach, through high quality and cost-effective innovative projects and services.
Who is eligible?
IRU Coach Tourism Innovation Award candidates must be companies active in group tourism by coach in any country. The IRU Coach Tourism Innovation Award is open to any private transport company, whose main business is coach tourism.
What are the Benefits for Winners?
Winners of the IRU Coach Tourism Innovation Award:
- Will have their innovative project promoted by the IRU, its Members and partners via various press events and activities, as well as within the global Smart Move campaign as a best industry practice.
- Can use the official IRU Coach Tourism Innivation Award logo, which will specify the year the award was given, on their vehicles, company letterhead, and promotional material, to inform their customers and partners of the international recognition for their innovation.
- Will receive an IRU Coach Tourism Innovation Award trophy that they can proudly display to motivate staff and for promotional activities.
- Will receive round trip tickets and accommodation for two persons to the IRU Coach Tourism Innovation Award ceremony.
Criteria to be assessed
Projects submitted for consideration:
- Must correspond to the core values and the objective of the Smart Move campaign to increase substantially the use of coach tourism services.
- Must demonstrate a sustained and cost-effective increase in the number of tourists transported.
- Should include wider operational initiatives aimed at improving the attractiveness and the use of group tourism by coach, such as:
- network or service improvements,
- the creation of innovative new services, including on board services,
- information and marketing campaigns,
- implementation of quality, safety and/or security schemes,
- implementation of environment care programmes,
- implementation of customer care programmes, including for disabled and mobility impaired people etc.
- Could be a partnership between a coach transport company and a tour operator/travel agency.
- Could be a partnership between different coach transport operators or transport/tourism stakeholders sectors (tourism authorities, tourist destinations, customers’ groups, taxis, trains, ferries and aircraft).
How to apply?
All applications must contain:
- A clear description of the project/service, emphasising the resulting benefits for coach tourists, society and operator(s). If required, the scope and duration of the project must be clearly stated.
- In the case of partnerships, clear information on the nature of the partnership. The role of the coach operator(s) in the partnership must be emphasised. Economic and financial aspects must be described in full.
- Clear descriptions of any market analyses and promotional campaigns, and of incentives offered to coach tourists, such as special services.
- Feedback from customer satisfaction surveys.
- Basic information on investments made and revenues generated by the project, including any subsidies received.
- Facts and figures demonstrating that the project’s objectives were achieved.
The IRU will collect applications either through its Member Associations or directly (with the agreement of its Member Associations in the country concerned) or, in the countries where no IRU Member Association exists, through its partners’ network within the Smart Move campaign, and will submit projects that meet the IRU Coach Tourism Innovation Award criteria to the international jury.
Applications should be prepared in English and must be sent in triplicate to the IRU (Sonila Metushi at Tel: +32-2-743 25 80 or Fax: +32-2-743 25 99 or E-mail: email@example.com, mentioning “IRU Coach Tourism Innovation Award 2015”) before 15 June 2015.
Who awards the IRU Coach Tourism Innovation Award?
The IRU Coach Tourism Innovation Award will be awarded by an international jury, composed of representatives of the coach business community and other international governmental or non-governmental organisations and stakeholders, which will select the most innovative and cost-effective project.
All decisions of the IRU Coach Tourism Innovation Award international jury are final. The IRU Coach Tourism Innovation Award international jury shall publicly announce the winner at an appropriate international event during the second half of 2015.
For Additional Information
Contact the IRU Permanent Delegation to the EU in Brussels (Sonila Metushi at Tel: +32-2-743 25 80 or Fax: +32-2-743 25 99 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning “IRU Coach Tourism Innovation Award 2015”), Avenue de Tervueren 32-34, bte 17, B-1040 Brussels, Belgium.